Ayjaz Wani is a Research Fellow at ORF Mumbai. He is currently working on the project: “Kashmir Conflict, Managing Perceptions and Prospectus for Peace.” Designed in the form of questionnaires and surveys with key stakeholders, the project is based on the Kashmiri youth perspective.
Wani also tracks the minorities of China (Uyghur); radicalisation in Pakistan; and greater Central Asia. He is widely published in international and national peer reviewed journals.
He has received fellowships from Xinjiang Social Science Academy in Urumchi, Xinjiang; and the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi. Wani is also a EUCAIS fellow where he undertook a two-year programme — “The European Union and Central Asia in the International System.”
- Kashmir, Xinjiang, China and Central Asia
- Minority Policy of China and India
- Radicalisation in Kashmir and Xinjiang
- Assistant Professor, University of Kashmir
- Phd on Socio-Economic Transformation of Xinjiang During 20th Century
- MPhil Cultural Changes in Central Asia, Uzbekistan
- MA History and International Relations, EUCAIS, Germany