Arun Sukumar heads ORF’s Cyber Security and Internet Governance Initiative and is the Co-Chair of CyFy: The India Conference on Cyber Security and Internet Governance. He is the elected Vice Chair of the Asia-Pacific Regional Internet Governance Forum. By invitation from the UN Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDIR), Arun recently served as an independent legal expert to the UN GGE, the intergovernmental forum tasked with conceiving cyber norms. He was also the non-governmental representative in India’s official delegation to the Tallinn Manual consultations to articulate laws of armed conflict in cyberspace.
Arun is a member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Future Council on the Digital Economy and Society. He has previously served on the editorial board of The Hindu, and is a lawyer by training. He holds a Master's degree from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University, where he was the Douglas Dillon Fellow, and the recipient of the Leo Gross Prize for Outstanding Student of International Law.
- Foreign Policy
- Cyber Security
- Internet Governance
- Multilateral Regimes
- Head, ORF Cyber Security and Internet Governance Initiative
- Senior Fellow, Centre for Communication Governance, National Law University Delhi
- Assistant Editor, The Hindu
- MALD, Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University
- B.A. LL.B (Hons.), Nalsar University of Law