Sunaina Kumar is Senior Fellow at ORF. She has been a journalist for over 15 years and has reported on social justice, development, gender, and culture. At ORF, she works with the Centre for New Economic Diplomacy.
Sunaina has worked as a senior editor with the Indian Express, Open Magazine, and Tehelka. She has contributed news features to the Guardian, BBC, Der Spiegel, Al Jazeera, Mint, among others.
As an independent journalist, she has reported on a variety of subjects from different parts of India, Germany, and Bangladesh, including the migration crisis in Rohingya camps in Cox’s Bazar, Uighurs living in exile, political and social developments in Kashmir, the agrarian crisis in Punjab. Her journalistic work has been supported by grants from the European Journalism Centre, Dart Center at Columbia University, and the Bosch Foundation. She has written on India’s foreign policy for the European Council on Foreign Relations.
She is a founding member of the Indo-German Media Network.
- Gender and Culture
- Social Justice and Development
- Senior Assistant Editor, The Indian Express
- Assistant Editor, Open Magazine
- MA English, Jamia Millia Islamia University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism, Jamia Millia Islamia University
- BA, Hans Raj College, University of Delhi