Sreeparna Banerjee is a Junior Fellow at ORF Kolkata. She is currently working on Rohingya issue within the Bay of Bengal region under the ‘ORF's Neigbhourhood Regional Studies Initiative research project. She is also part of the ongoing study on BIMSTEC.
She has qualified the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by University Grants Commission in Sociology in 2013 and previously has been a faculty member at Basanti Devi College, Kolkata. She has also been a part and presenter at National Sociological Society and regional academic conferences throughout India. Her interest areas are Gender Studies and Identity Politics. She is a team member and weekly contributor towards South Asia Weekly Monitor.
- Gender Studies
- Refugee Issue
- Rohingya issue
- Strategic Studies
- Junior Fellow, Neighbourhood Regional Studies Initiative
- Doctoral student at Calcutta University
- Guest Lecturer, Basanti Devi College, Calcutta University
- Intern at SaciWaters, Hyderabad
- Pursuing PhD in Sociology
- M.A. in Sociology from Calcutta University
- B.A. in Sociology from St. Xavier’s College