Sayanangshu Modak is a Junior Fellow at ORF’s Kolkata centre. He works on the broad themes of transboundary water governance, hydro-diplomacy and flood-risk management. His current research focus is at the interface of science and policy for the effective governance of river basins. He also tracks issues related to natural resource management and environmental sustainability.
Sayanangshu has previously worked as Project Manager in Foundation for Ecological Security where he researched on Water Commons in the semi-arid landscape and explored the interactions between locals and their natural resources under the social-ecological systems framework. He holds a B.Sc. (Hons.) in Geography from Presidency University, Kolkata and an M.Sc. in Water Policy and Governance from the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai.
- Community-based Natural Resource Management
- Flood Governance in Monsoon Asia
- Hydro-diplomacy in the Hindu Kush Himalaya
- Transboundary Rivers
- Project Manager, Foundation for Ecological Security
- Research Intern, IWMI-TATA Water Policy Program
- MSc Water Policy and Governance, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
- BSc Geography, Presidency University, Kolkata