Nisha Holla is Visiting Fellow at ORF, where she writes on ideas and shifts at the intersection of technology, economics and policy. She tracks the impact of technology on democratising access to socio-economic development, the importance of building strategic technology moats, and policy frameworks required to drive indigenous technology development in India.
Nisha is also Technology Fellow at the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP), where she explores policy and economic strategies in scientific and technological development.
Nisha has co-authored numerous articles on human capital development in India, comparative studies of Indian states’ economic and demographic growth, multiple facets of India’s technology readiness, and India’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Her writings have appeared in The Financial Express, The Indian Express, The Sunday Guardian, and YourStory.
As part of her independent research work, Nisha has co-produced several key reports such as Human Capital Development of India published by FICCI, India’s Response to COVID-19, Maharashtra 2025 — Road to USD One Trillion, Karnataka’s Response to COVID-19, and Uttar Pradesh 2030 — An Accelerated Economic Vision. She was a key contributor to the Bengaluru Innovation Report 2019.
At Biomoneta Research, Nisha worked on designing technology for the prevention of the spread of infectious diseases. Nisha was earlier based in the San Francisco Bay Area working at the cutting edge of hardware product and process development.
Nisha is co-inventor of a US patent designed to optimise semiconductor processing workflows.
- Comparative Macroeconomic and Demographic Studies
- Hardware Product Development and Engineering
- Higher Education and Human Capital Development
- Technology Development and Readiness Assessment
- Techno-sovereignty and Inclusion
- Technology Fellow, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP)
- Member, Working Group 16, International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP)
- Consulting Editor, YourStory Media
- Engineering Co-founder, Biomoneta Research
- Product Development Engineer, Applied Materials, US
- Project Manager, Bloom Energy, US
- Graduate Researcher, Carnegie Mellon University
- Project Associate, Indian Institute of Science
- MS Chemical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University
- BE Chemical Engineering, RV College of Engineering