Dr. Malancha Chakrabarty is a Fellow with the Climate Change and Development Initiative. Her research interests encompass issues related to economic and social development in Africa and India, and the links between climate change, agriculture, and food security. She is currently working on a project which explores India’s trade, investment and development cooperation with African countries.
Dr. Chakrabarty is published widely in international journals like the Review of African Political Economy and the World Review of Political Economy. She is also a regular contributor to newspapers such as Asian Age and DNA.
- Economic Diplomacy
- Trade and Economic Development
- Nutrition and Food Security
- Associate Fellow, The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), New Delhi
- Consultant, Transport Division, Planning Commission, Government of India
- PhD in Economics, Centre for Economic Studies and Planning, Jawaharlal Nehru University