Leena Chandran Wadia is Senior Fellow at ORF’s Mumbai Centre. She has been leading the Mumbai Centre’s research and policy advocacy in education since 2010.
She received her PhD in Physics from IISc Bangalore and did her postdoctoral work at ETH Zurich in the area of high performance computing.
Since her move to ORF in 2010, she has been engaged in research and policy advocacy on a wide range of topics in education and has produced several in-depth research reports on topics such as ICT in education, medical education and engineering education, among others. She has also worked and published in the areas of renewable energy and sustainable agriculture. More recently, she has begun work in the area of technical and vocational education and training.
Leena served on the task force set up by the Karnataka Knowledge Commission in June 2015 to prepare the Karnataka State Education Policy. Presently, she is a Consultant with the Committee on the National Education Policy chaired by Dr. K. Kasturirangan.
- Education and Skills Development
- Medical Education and Public Health
- Renewable Energy
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Senior Consultant, Committee on the National Education Policy, led by Dr. K. Kasturirangan
- Senior Vice President and CTO, Netcore Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Member, IT Division, CERN, Switzerland
- Infosys Research Fellow, IIT Bombay
- PhD in Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Masters in Physics, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- PGDST, National Centre for Software Technology (now CDAC), Mumbai