Kalpit A. Mankikar is Fellow with Strategic Studies Programme, and is based out of ORF’s Mumbai centre. His research focuses on China, specifically looking at its rise — its domestic politics, diplomacy and techno-nationalism.
Kalpit was selected for the Kautilya Fellowship in 2020, and for ‘Learning to Lead: Leadership Development’ from the Oxford Global Leadership Initiative at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) in 2019. He is a 2015 Reuters Fellow where he was selected for ‘Editorial Judgment’ training.
Kalpit has written extensively for International Business Times, The Times Of India, Swarajya magazine, India-China Business Chronicle, among others.
- Taiwan and Hong Kong
- East Asia
- Visiting Faculty (for Masters in China programme), Somaiya Vidyavihar University, Mumbai
- News Editor, The Times of India, Mumbai
- Assistant Editor, Daily News and Analysis (DNA)
- MSc China in Comparative Perspective, London School of Economics and Political Science, UK
- MA Political Science, University of Mumbai
- Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism, Asian College of Journalism (ACJ), Chennai