Hemant Rajopadhye is a Senior Fellow and Head of ORF Mumbai’s Centre for the Study of Indian Knowledge Traditions. His research focuses on what the subcontinent’s socio-political and cultural history and traditions offer to understand the solutions to today’s local, national and subcontinental problems in the context of politics, interfaith harmony, pluralism, social justice, cultural, religious and linguistic conflicts.
Hemant is a gold medalist from the University of Pune where he secured the highest marks in all the credits for MA Sanskrit. He holds a prestigious doctoral fellowship by the European Union under the Erasmus Mundus Expert Asia programme. Hemant’s academic articles have appeared in several journals and the media.
Hemant has earlier worked in the field of advertising, as a copywriter, and lyricist for music albums and movies.
- Sanskrit and Prakrit Language and Literature
- Socio-Religious and Political History of South Asia
- South Asian Religions
- Visiting Professor, Department of Sanskrit, University of Mumbai
- PhD Indology, University of Göttingen, Germany (ongoing)
- MPhil Sanskrit, University of Pune
- MA Sanskrit, University of Pune
- MA Indology, Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Pune
- PG Diploma in German language, University of Pune