Thank you for your interest in the Observer Research Foundation.
ORF is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to ensuring a safe, equitable and inclusive work environment. As per the Vishaka Guidelines, we have instituted a committee against sexual harassment.
We encourage and accept applications around the year. However, due to the large volume of applications we regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Freelance copyeditors and proofreaders
ORF is looking for freelance copyeditors and proofreaders. The role requires strong copyediting and proofreading skills to clear varied-length ORF publications in a time-bound fashion. Copyediting will involve correcting spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax; fact checking and verifying information pertaining to data, charts, graphs; ensuring consistency in spelling, hyphenation, numerals, fonts, etc; flagging awkward / unclear / ambiguous phrasing; and ensuring internal consistency of content. Proofreading will involve going over formatted copy to detect errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and format.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or similar area
- At least 2+ years of work experience as copyeditor; work experience in research / academic / publishing environments preferred
- Excellent command over the English language (grammar / usage)
- Eye for accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent command over Microsoft Word
- Ease with PDF readers required
- Interest in current event and international affairs preferred
Send in your CV and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send internship applications to this email address (fill out the form below). We also do not go through unsolicited job applications sent to this email ID.
ORF Internship Programme
ORF offers internships for scholars and students from diverse backgrounds, proficient in English, to work under various ORF programmes and initiatives. Interns may be assigned administrative, editorial, research, writing or organisational tasks to support the programme or initiative to which they have been assigned.
Please fill in all required fields.
NOTE: 1) The cover letter should include what programme/initiative you would like to apply for. 2) Include names and contact details of 2 referees. Referees will only be contacted after informing candidates.