Thank you for your interest in the Observer Research Foundation.
ORF is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to ensuring a safe, equitable and inclusive work environment. As per the Vishaka Guidelines, we have instituted a committee against sexual harassment.
We encourage and accept applications around the year. However, due to the large volume of applications we regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Research Fellow – Climate Finance
The Observer Research Foundation is looking to hire a Research Fellow in the field of Climate Finance. ORF is undertaking research focused on analysing how international finance structures can be made responsive to investments in clean energy infrastructure as well as how India’s domestic financial market can encourage private capital investments in renewable energy projects.
The Research Fellow will be expected to undertake analysis of international banking norms such as Basel III, domestic and international financial regulatory policy and trends in global climate finance and private capital investments in clean energy.
The candidate will be expected to have:
- A Post Graduate degree in economics, finance, MBA or relevant disciplines;
- At least 5 years of work experience;
- Experience in the use of methodologies from micro- and macroeconomics, public policy, regulatory economics and finance, among others;
- Good knowledge of international climate policy and the role of finance in this context;
- Strong understanding of private capital instruments and global banking norms and processes;
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills;
- Experience in producing research outputs and project reports;
- Superior communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative and under minimal supervision.
Interested candidates are requested to apply with a CV, Writing Samples (not more than 3000 words) and Cover Letter to Shubh Soni (email@example.com). ORF will offer a competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Freelance copyeditors and proofreaders
ORF is looking for freelance copyeditors and proofreaders. The role requires strong copyediting and proofreading skills to clear varied-length ORF publications in a time-bound fashion. Copyediting will involve correcting spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax; fact checking and verifying information pertaining to data, charts, graphs; ensuring consistency in spelling, hyphenation, numerals, fonts, etc; flagging awkward / unclear / ambiguous phrasing; and ensuring internal consistency of content. Proofreading will involve going over formatted copy to detect errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and format.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or similar area
- At least 2+ years of work experience as copyeditor; work experience in research / academic / publishing environments preferred
- Excellent command over the English language (grammar / usage)
- Eye for accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent command over Microsoft Word
- Ease with PDF readers required
- Interest in current event and international affairs preferred
Send in your CV and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
ORF Internship Programme
ORF offers internships for scholars and students from diverse backgrounds, proficient in English, to work under various ORF programmes and initiatives. Interns may be assigned administrative, editorial, research, writing or organisational tasks to support the programme or initiative to which they have been assigned.
Please fill in all required fields.
NOTE: 1) The cover letter should include what programme/initiative you would like to apply for. 2) Include names and contact details of 2 referees. Referees will only be contacted after informing candidates.