US-India Strategic Dialogue 2017
The key questions to be discussed:
- Impact of the election of President Donald Trump on the India-US relationship.
- How can India and the United States cooperate to promote strategic interests in the maritime domain.
- Challenges to stability in South Asian regional security environment.
- The US is currently conducting a Nuclear Posture Review (NPR). What strategic implications will the new review have for India?
- Challenges in the areas of nuclear security.
Click here for programme details.
Abhijit Singh, Senior Fellow, and Head, Maritime Policy Initiative, ORF
ADM (retd.) Arun Prakash, Former Chief of Naval Staff, Indian Navy; and Chairman, Chiefs of Staff Committee
Lt. Gen. (retd.) B.S. Nagal, Director, Centre for Land Warfare Studies
Constantino Xavier, Fellow, Carnegie India
Dhruva Jaishankar, Fellow, Brookings India
Harsh V. Pant, Distinguished Fellow, ORF
RADM (retd.) Joseph J. Krol, Former Associate Administrator for the Office of Emergency Operations, National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA)
Joshua White, Associate Professor, Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies
Amb. Leela Ponappa, Former Deputy National Security Advisor, India
Rajeswari Rajagopalan, Senior Fellow and Head, Nuclear and Space Policy Initiative, ORF
Amb. Rakesh Sood, Distinguished Fellow, ORF
Samir Saran, Vice President, ORF
Paul Kapur, Professor, Department of National Security Affairs, US Naval Postgraduate School
Lt. Gen. (retd.) S.L. Narasimhan Member, National Security Advisory Board
Sumit Ganguly, Professor, Indiana University, Bloomington
Vincent Manzo, Center for Naval Analysis
RDML (retd.) William C. McQuilkin, Former Director, Strategy and Policy Division, OPNAV N51