Pushan is a Programme Coordinator working for the ORF Global Governance Programme. He tracks and analyses developments in Indian foreign and security policies. He is currently working on issues related to Indian military modernisation. He is also the coordinator for the ORF-led Raisina Dialogue 2018, India’s flagship conference of geopolitics and geo-economics to be hosted in collaboration with the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. He is also the co-editor of the annual defence handbook titled The Defence Primer.
He completed his Masters in International Security from the School of Global Studies at the University of Sussex in 2014. His dissertation titled 'Counter-insurgency: Population-centric Operations and the Military' explored the role of civilian arms of the state (especially the criminal justice system) versus the military in counterinsurgency. He has previously worked as a Correspondent in the India Today Group.
- Indian Foreign & Security Policy
- National Security
- Military Policymaking
- Defence Planning
- Conventional Warfare
- Programme Coordinator, Global Governance Programme
- Contributing Analyst, Wikistrat
- Correspondent, India Today Group
- MA, International Security, University of Sussex
- MA, Modern History, University of Calcutta
- BA, History, Presidency University, Kolkata