Gayathri Iyer works with the ORF Maritime Policy Initiative. She tracks ocean governance policies and international maritime trade sustainability for global development.
Gayathri has worked at the Legal Department for Multilateral Diplomacy Programme with UNITAR at the United Nations’ Geneva Headquarters. She has also trained as a Remote Participation Moderator for multilateral diplomacy and dialogue at the ITU in Geneva.
Gayathri did her undergraduate study from The Geneva School of Diplomacy and International Relations. She graduated with a double masters in Public Policy and Human Development in 2016 from The United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute (UNU-MERIT) in Netherlands, majoring in international trade and foreign policy. Her dissertation was on: The extent of impact of greening of seaports on international trade competitiveness.
- Ocean Governance and India’s Foreign Policy
- Sustainable Infrastructure in International Maritime Trade corridors
- Energy Infrastructure and India’s Foreign Policy
- Multilateralism in Global Governance
- Trainee, ITU, Geneva
- Assistant, Legal Department for Multilateral Diplomacy Programme, UNITAR, Geneva
- NGO Representative at the 25thand 28th UN Human Rights Council, Geneva
- Double MSc in Public Policy and Human Development, UNU MERIT and Maastricht University, Graduate School of Governance, Netherlands
- BA in International Relations and Diplomacy, Geneva School of Diplomacy, Geneva, Switzerland