Gaurav Sharma is responsible for the business development and outreach activities of ORF. He coordinates and supervises the new initiatives, dialogues and workshops of the Foundation.
Gaurav is the recipient of the German Chancellor Fellowship for the year 2015-16 awarded by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. He is also the recipient of the Young Leader award in the Crans Montana Forum class of 2014-2017. Gaurav was a visiting fellow at the Asia Division of the German Institute for International and Security Affairs. He has also been the political advisor at the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, New Delhi from 2012 to 2015.
Gaurav has worked in the corporate sector for six years in different roles — as manager, consultant, engineer — in Mumbai, Singapore and Australia.
- India-Germany strategic partnership
- Indian foreign policy — strategic interests in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR)
- India’s engagement with major global powers
Project Advisor, Cultural Bridge
- Visiting Fellow, Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik (German Institute for International and Security Affairs), Berlin
- Visiting Fellow, Centre for India Studies, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow
- Visiting Fellow: Fondation pour la recherche stratégique (Foundation for Strategic Research), Paris
- Political Advisor, Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, New Delhi
- Research Assistant, Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS), New Delhi
- Assistant Manager (Consulting), Intelenet Global Services, Mumbai and Melbourne, Australia
- Associate Consultant, Programme Management Office, Merrill Lynch India Technology Services, Mumbai
- Software Engineer, Process Consultant, Infosys Technology Services, Hyderabad and Singapore
- Masters of Advanced Studies (MAS) in International and European Security, Geneva Centre for Security Policy, Switzerland
- Post Graduate Diploma Post Graduate Diploma in Human Rights, International, Humanitarian and Refugee Laws, from Indian Society of International Law (ISIL), New Delhi
- Tech, Information Technology from Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (APJAKTU), India