Britta Petersen has been a Senior Fellow with ORF since 2014 and works on the Foundation’s outreach and development. Britta also tracks India-Europe relations.
Britta has been working as a journalist and author since 2003. Before joining ORF, she was Country Director of the German Heinrich Boell Stiftung in Pakistan, South Asia Correspondent of the Financial Times Deutschland in India, and Director of the Initiative Free Press in Afghanistan.
Britta received the Gisela Bonn Award for fostering Indo-German relations from the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) in 2009 and the Prize for the Freedom and Future of the Media for her work with young Afghan journalists by the Media Foundation Leipzig (Germany) in 2005.
She has published a number of books in German language, including Wo die Goetter leben. Alltag und Religion in Indien (Herder Verlag, Freiburg 2006), and Einsatz am Hindukusch, Soldaten der Bundeswehr in Afghanistan (Herder Verlag, Freiburg 2005).
- Foreign and security policy in South Asia
- European Union
- Country Director, Pakistan, Heinrich Boell Foundation
- South Asia Correspondent, Financial Times Deutschland
- Director, Initiative Freie Presse, Afghanistan
- Media Advisor to the Afghan Minister of Women’s Affairs, Dr. Massouda Jalal
- Editor for South and Southeast Asia, Financial Times Deutschland, Berlin
- Editor, Berliner Morgenpost, Germany
- MA in philosophy, political science and economics, Freie Universität Berlin
- Axel-Springer Journalism School
- Certified Organisational Developer (Metaplan Professional)