Ashok Dhar is Director of ORF's Kolkata centre and has been steering its activities since it moved to its own campus in Rajarhat.
In his over three decades of service in the energy sector, Ashok has held wide ranging roles in general management, international trading, strategic and policy planning, mergers and acquisitions, marketing and technical services in India, Africa and West Asia. He has served in leadership roles with Fortune 500 oil companies in the public, multinational and private sectors. Ashok superannuated from Reliance Industries Limited as President in refinery and marketing sector of the petroleum business.
Ashok served on the board of the Gulf Africa Petroleum Corporation (GAPCO) Mauritius for ten years, from July 2007 to March 2017. A chemical engineer by training, Ashok is a member of the Energy Institute, London and the Refinery Forum of Petroleum Federation of India.
- Member, Energy Institute, London
- Member, Refinery Forum, Petroleum Federation of India
- Board, Gulf Africa Petroleum Corporation (GAPCO) Mauritius
- Member, Auto Fuel Policy and Vision 2025, Government of India
- Member, Petroleum Committee, Bureau of Indian Standards